Look, traditional marketing still has its place. Traditional marketing is a means of mass communication. In particular for realtors what comes to mind is the classic billboard or having your picture on the bus stop bench. Newspapers, magazine ads, brochures, letters, or flyers all fall under the traditional marketing umbrella. TV and radio broadcasts also fall under traditional marketing.
The problem with traditional marketing is it’s very hard to track your return on investment. Meaning as a Realtor if you put up a billboard how do you know what your return on investment is?
Having exposure on MLS listings or Realtor.ca is a great way to showcase listings. When other Realtors contact you or when potential buyers see you on social media or visit your website, this is where you want to stand out!
The advantages of Digital Marketing
Not sure if you are familiar with the buyer’s journey, but I will explain what it is below.
- Awareness – This is when someone either has decided to start looking for a Realtor. Maybe they are beginning to think about buying or selling. At this point the client is looking for a solution to their problem. This can be achieved by using Social Media marketing, Content Marketing and Display and Video advertising.
- Interest – This when the client is looking at different options, perhaps looking at websites to see learn about different Realtors. This can also be achieved by using Social Media marketing, Content Marketing and Display and Video advertising.
- Consideration – This is the point in the buyers journey where the client knows about your brand and thinks it is a good fit for their needs. They may have other Realtors in mind but your services are in the mix. This can be achieved by using Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Paid Search.
- Conversion – The client is ready to use you as your Realtor. They have done their homework and feel that you would be the best fit for them. This can also be achieved by using Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Paid Search.
- Retention – This step of the buyers journey can often be overlooked but is obviously very important. As the Realtor this is the path for recurring revenue. This is commonly achieved by using Email Marketing.
Of note, all the Digital Marketing channels listed above have analytics. Analytics will be covered in a future blog post but this allows you to see what is working and what is not.
By combining the proper channels of both Traditional and Digital Marketing along with a great strategy, it could lead to success!